Saturday, June 03, 2006

Indonesia--6,234 Dead




A good friend of mine lives in Indonesia. She is a sweet fantastic young woman. And she is in the middle of a major dissaster. I've been feeling helpless, as anyone would being this far away.

But as a small token, I have been trying to send money to groups that are in the area providing relief.

The death toll is now 6,234 people (ABC News). And while I am remarkably relieved that my friend is not a part of that number, that is over 6000 people. Which means there are multiple thousands of people in my shoes who DID lose their friend, or family member, wife, husband, child. And there are many more injured. It is horrifying to say the least.

I love this girl. She has done so much for me, and I intend to at least be bold enough to part with some cash.

Here is a link to a blog that has info on helping if anyone else is interested.
indonesiahelp.blogspot.com



Always,
Saij

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home